Saturday 16 April 2016

Pueblo de Don Fadrique

After leaving Potones the trail followed a vague path, together with the GR247 for 11km, until they seperated.
The GR7 became a road walk downhill for several kms to Santiago de la Espada. After getting food from the supermercado, I set off to hitch the 28km road to Pueblo de Don Fadrique.
I got 2 v.short rides, yet still walked a long way uphill until.a german guy gave me a lift all.the way to PdDF.
He dropped me off in the village centre, and I went straight to the bar to get my bearings. A young couple invited me for a beer and to join them for food they'd ordered
He, Fredrique spoke slightly better English than my Spanish, never the less after a few beers and wine and several phone calls it was arranged for a shower and place for me to sleep at the village sports centre.
Altogether a good day.

No comments: