Friday 15 April 2016

April 12th nr Belerda

Last night's refuge was at 4900', so it was a cold start this morning.
Great walking on quiet trails and mule tracks along the edge of the mountains. I saw only 2 other people, runners.
Then at a pass the views to the south opened up on the descent to Tiscar and then Belerda.
The weather is so changeable from really cold when in the wind and it is cloudy, to warm, when out of the wind and it is sunny.
Belerda was a reasonable size village with nothing much there. At the open air bar I was told that I had to return to Tiscar to find accomadation !
So a steep 500' back to Tiscar and both places were very shut - too early in the year ?
So I walked on to near where the GR245 comes up from Belerda, and found a flat spot on the side of a disused road for the night.
It would have been good to charge my phone somewhere, ah well.

No comments: