Friday 15 April 2016

April 15th Potones

The refugio was a lot warmer than the outside temperature in the morning.
The landscape was now a flatter area between mountains, big dry country that is overgrazed. Very few cattle visible.
There was lots of patches of snow about still. Not as spectacular as the previous days walking.
I thought I'd go across country to get to Santiago de la Espada, missing out Potones. After a few km the 1st place on marked on my map was just a road junction, so I cut back to the GR247.
At the highest point of todays walk I was a tad under 6000ft. Then it was mostly downhill to  Potones.
Eventually it became more forested and narrow until a few km before Potones.
The GR7 joined the 247, and from here I'll be following the GR7 all the way.
Potones didn't look much, but I found a hotel for 20euro's for the night

No comments: