Monday 4 April 2016

April 2nd Almogia

I short walk from the Olive Branch and I rejoined the GR7.
Lots of ascent on pista beneath the cliffs where there are many climbing routes.
I've been struggling each day of the walk, and have not been 100% for a few weeks. I have chest pains when going uphill.
When I am at Angie's I'll get it sorted.
It took a couple of hours to get to the top, where it beame undulating pista.
Expansive views to the coastal mountains, was followed by a long descent into the village of Valle de Abdijias.
After lunch of whole fish, and chips in a bar I left the GR7 to head towards Almogia, where I rendezvous with Angie tomorow.
It was another steep ascent then across country to the village of La Joya.
A tiny village in the midst of agricultural land, yet it had 2 bars and a restaurant.
A road walk for 8 miles brought me to the main Villaneuva .... to Almogia road, where I started hitching. Eventually I got a lift to Almogia, arriving to find the Alburgue full. After a refreshment or 3 in the bar I dossed down for the night outside the alburgue.

No comments: