Tuesday 19 April 2016

April 18th Mortalla

I went to sleep to a serenade by an owl and a frog last night.
A cold start, then it was soon back to road walking on tarmac.
After a bit the scenery was full of lavender fields, it must be stunning when they are in bloom.
After passing through a small village the way dropped down to El Sabinar.
Whilst having a break before setting off into the open landscape, I decided that the gr7 is no longer for me, too much road walking.
As soon as the gr7 seperated from the gr247 it became mostly tarmac.
In retrospect I wish I'd done the full circuit of the gr247. Getting back there was logistically a nightmare.
So with a combination of hitching and lots of walking I got into Mortalla at 9pm.
I got my final ride from a Spanish couple who I met at a spring in the mountains above Mortalla. They were filling dozens of 5litre bottles for them and there extended family.

P.S. I booked a flight from Alicante to Dorset for the end of the week.
The next walk will be in the UK, before returning to Europe in august.

No comments: