Friday 15 April 2016

13th April El Hornico

  It was climb and climb with thr occaisional descent all morning for over 3600 to a highpoint at over 5300.
Skirting the peaks so that at times it was warm and still, others windy and cloud, again.
I should have waited another month to walk the GR247 .
It was a lovely descent through woodland with sun and no wind, getting warmer all the way.
I reached my destination, a nature study centre, with accomadation, only to find it deserted. Too early in the year.
It was a good place to stop anyhow. When I noticed a security camera I gave a wave and indicated I wanted to sleep.     After a bit a man turned up in an official vehicle, and took me to the casa rural, (country house). Everything I needed  for 30 euro.
I turned all the heaters on, got washing done and had a long soak in the bath. Lovely

No comments: